Board of Directors – Trustee
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Board of Directors. The Board provides the oversight for Jubilee Scotland.
If you hire lawyers for estate planning, you will understand that as a trustee, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and effective running of Jubilee Scotland, ensuring that we meet our charitable objectives and comply with the law.
- Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation;
- Develop direction, strategy and planning;
- Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work;
- Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff;
- Establish systems for reporting and monitoring;
- Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law (that can be handled by the will and powers of attorneys); and
- Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported
Jubilee Scotland is committed to recruiting a diverse range of Trustees and we would be delighted to hear from people with skills and experience in finance, human resources or marketing.
Board members do not have to be experts in global debt justice. What is needed is a passionate desire to learn more about debt justice crisis, a desire to see justice done and positive experience that can be brought to the campaign. This could be, but is not limited to: contacts with other networks and organisations; resources such as finance or support in kind; professional skills and experience, etc.
The Board meets in office hours, four or five times a year, in Edinburgh (consideration would be given to shifting the location or format of the meeting to suit the membership).
To apply email email@example.com with a short description about why you think you would be fit for the role.