Jubilee Scotland is an independent coalition of organisations and local groups campaigning for debt and economic justice across Scotland. Our offices are based in Edinburgh and all posts will be based there unless otherwise stated. All open vacancies and other opportunities will be posted below.
Board of Directors – Trustee
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Board of Directors. The Board provides the oversight for Jubilee Scotland.
As a trustee, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and effective running of Jubilee Scotland, ensuring that we meet our charitable objectives and comply with the law.
- Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation;
- Develop direction, strategy and planning;
- Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work;
- Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff;
- Establish systems for reporting and monitoring;
- Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law; and
- Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported
Jubilee Scotland is committed to recruiting a diverse range of Trustees and we would be delighted to hear from people with skills and experience in finance, human resources or marketing.
Board members do not have to be experts in global debt justice. What is needed is a passionate desire to learn more about debt justice crisis, a desire to see justice done and positive experience that can be brought to the campaign. This could be, but is not limited to: contacts with other networks and organisations; resources such as finance or support in kind; professional skills and experience, etc.
The Board meets in office hours, four or five times a year, in either Edinburgh or Glasgow (consideration would be given to shifting the location of the meeting to suit the membership).
To apply email email@example.com with a short description about why you think you would be fit for the role.
We occasionally have openings for volunteers to come work with us on our projects and campaigns.
Currently, due to the impact of COVID-19 we are not offering any volunteer positions at present.