Jubilee Scotland is an independent coalition of organisations and local groups campaigning for debt and economic justice across Scotland. Our offices are based in Edinburgh and all posts will be based there unless otherwise stated. All open vacancies and other opportunities will be posted below.
Communications and Admin Assistant
We’re looking for someone to help us talk to our members, supporters and all those people who don’t yet know they care about debt justice.
- Part-time: 25 hours per week
- Contract: 1 year
- Salary: £8.45 per hour (Living Wage)
- No of References: 1
– Contributing to the communications work of the office through use of social media and monthly e-updates.
– Transferring photos and briefings into the public domain through the use of Flickr and other tools
– Keeping our website up to date, user-friendly and full of useful and interesting information
– Managing our database of members and supporters, to ensure that it is fresh and accurate.
– Writing and drafting letters to supporters, members and others involved in the campaign.
– Providing support for the organisation’s key meetings and events including taking minutes.
– Working proactively with the Campaign Director to continually improve the practical running of the office.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and qualities: Qualities Well-organised and adaptable Attention to detail A quick learner Passionate about working for global justice Trustworthy Skills IT literate, preferably with some experience of working other databases and spreadsheets Clear, positive writing style. Basic level of English. Knowledge of social media.
This job is set aside to help people into employment who are often overlooked. For these reasons in order to be eligible for the role you have to be unemployed, aged 16-29 and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- person with a criminal conviction (includes Community Payback Order )
- care experienced
- military early service leavers (up to 6 years)
- person with a disability (includes moderate mental health issues or long-term health condition)
- homeless person (including temporary or unstable accommodation)
- person affected by substance misuse (ie alcohol, drugs)
- person with lower than SCQF Level 5 qualification
- Work Programme completers who remain unemployed
Please contact your Jobcentre Plus or Skills Development Scotland advisor to access a CJS application form. Applications will close on 05/06/17.
We’re looking for someone to help us talk to our members, supporters and all those people who don’t yet know they care about debt justice. You’ll be involved in coordinating our web-presence – social media, mailing lists and website.
Unlike enthusiasm, there is no experience is necessary.
This role involves:
– Keeping our website up to date (using WordPress).
– Creating content for our social media & sharing relevant articles.
– Putting together and sending our monthly e-news (using Mailchimp).
– Writing updates about what the orgnaisation is up to.
– Liaising with member organisations.
Events and Fundraising Volunteer
Do you ever go to events or talks and think I could have done this better or Why didn’t they do this? It’s so obvious!
If so – please get in touch!
We are looking for somebody to help us plan a few fundraising events and talks that we have in the pipeline, as well as generally helping out with the work we do and promoting Jubilee Scotland.
This role involves:
– Assisting to plan and promote our fundraising ceilidh in 2017.
– Sourcing and targeting alternative sources of funding.
-Working with the Communications Volunteer to Promote Jubilee Scotland.
–Developing your own strategy and or fundraising event.
Our office is in Augustine United Church – 41 George IV bridge however sometimes the work will be able to be done from home.
Sadly while the church is wheelchair accessible our office in the church tower is not.
If you’ve got other skills or interests that you’d be happy to share then just get in touch and we’ll see what we can do! We’re always looking for people to write articles so if there’s a debt or economic justice issue that you’re interested in then write a blog post and send it in.
If you’re interested in any of these positions (or have any questions) then please get in touch with email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook.