Jubilee Scotland is an independent coalition of organisations and local groups campaigning for debt and economic justice across Scotland. Our offices are based in Edinburgh and all posts will be based there unless otherwise stated. All open vacancies and other opportunities will be posted below.
Board of Directors – Trustee
We are looking for talented individuals to join our Board of Directors. The Board provides the oversight for Jubilee Scotland.
As a trustee, you will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and effective running of Jubilee Scotland, ensuring that we meet our charitable objectives and comply with the law.
- Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation;
- Develop direction, strategy and planning;
- Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work;
- Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the board, volunteers and staff;
- Establish systems for reporting and monitoring;
- Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law; and
- Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported
Jubilee Scotland is committed to recruiting a diverse range of Trustees and we would be delighted to hear from people with skills and experience in finance, human resources or marketing.
Board members do not have to be experts in global debt justice. What is needed is a passionate desire to learn more about debt justice crisis, a desire to see justice done and positive experience that can be brought to the campaign. This could be, but is not limited to: contacts with other networks and organisations; resources such as finance or support in kind; professional skills and experience, etc.
The Board meets in office hours, four or five times a year, in either Edinburgh or Glasgow (consideration would be given to shifting the location of the meeting to suit the membership).
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description about why you think you would be fit for the role.
Jubilee Scotland is always open to hosting students, either for shorter placements or full-semester placements. These are placement opportunities for students who undertake work experiences as part of their MA/MSc degree.
About the placement
You will be part of the Jubilee Scotland team and contribute to campaigns running at the time of placement. There will be an opportunity to learn about lobbying, campaigning, use of social media and issues of social justice.
We understand that your placement may need to focus on conducting research and welcome this. We will make sure your research is shared on our different platforms and help you turn reports for your degree into blog posts for our website.
Terms and Conditions
- This placement should be an integral part of an MA/MSc degree.
- While we cannot provide any form of remuneration, we are committed to making this a relevant and interesting learning experience.
- You will be supervised by Jubilee Scotland’s Campaign Director, and be offered monthly feedback meetings.
We understand that you might not have a lot of work experience to draw from. What is needed is a passionate desire to learn more about the debt justice crisis.
- Currently studying for your MA/MSc in an area related to the work of Jubilee Scotland, such as Political Science; Social Anthropology; Communication; International Studies; Development; Political Economy
Please highlight in your application if you have experience with any of the following:
- Campaigning, creating events and lobbying
- Collecting data and writing reports
- Producing content for social media
- Applying for funding
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently under appropriate supervision
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible approach to working
If you have any questions about this placement opportunity then please get in touch at email@example.com . To apply, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We’re looking for someone to help us talk to our members, supporters and all those people who don’t yet know they care about debt justice. You’ll be involved in coordinating our web-presence – social media, mailing lists and website.
Unlike enthusiasm, there is no experience is necessary.
This role involves:
– Keeping our website up to date (using WordPress).
– Creating content for our social media & sharing relevant articles.
– Putting together and sending our monthly e-news (using Mailchimp).
– Writing updates about what the orgnaisation is up to.
– Liaising with member organisations.
Events and Fundraising Volunteer
Do you ever go to events or talks and think I could have done this better or Why didn’t they do this? It’s so obvious!
If so – please get in touch!
We are looking for somebody to help us plan a few fundraising events and talks that we have in the pipeline, as well as generally helping out with the work we do and promoting Jubilee Scotland.
This role involves:
– Sourcing and targeting alternative sources of funding.
-Working with the Communications Volunteer to Promote Jubilee Scotland.
–Developing your own strategy and or fundraising event.
Our office is in Augustine United Church – 41 George IV bridge however sometimes the work will be able to be done from home.
Sadly while the church is wheelchair accessible our office in the church tower is not.
If you’ve got other skills or interests that you’d be happy to share then just get in touch and we’ll see what we can do! We’re always looking for people to write articles so if there’s a debt or economic justice issue that you’re interested in then write a blog post and send it in.
If you’re interested in any of these positions (or have any questions) then please get in touch at email@example.com