Jubilee Scotland has an exciting internship for a talented student to join us for the Autumn semester of 2021. This is a placement opportunity for students who undertake work experiences as part of their MSc degree.
About the internship
At Jubilee Scotland you will take part in the preparations for the UN Climate Summit in Glasgow and activities around the summit which takes place in November 2021. We are fundraising for our climate justice campaign, taking part in large coalition meetings with other Scottish organisations and keeping our members up to date on important news. As an intern with Jubilee Scotland, you will be invited to take part in all the work our Campaign Director undertakes. Hence, you will gain experience with things like:
- Strategizing with allies on events and campaigns leading up to COP26
- Participating in Board meetings and taking minutes
- Writing funding applications
- Administration of an organisation
- Participating in calls on IMF and World Bank policies
- Producing content for social media and keeping our website up to date
We understand that you might not have a lot of work experience to draw on. What is needed is a desire to learn more about the international debt crisis and climate justice.
- Currently studying for your MSc in an area related to the work of Jubilee Scotland, such as Human Rights; Political Science; Social Anthropology; Communication; International Studies; Development; Political Economy
- Campaigning and lobbying
- Producing content for social media
- Applying for funding
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work independently under appropriate supervision
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- A flexible approach to working
Terms and Conditions
- This internship might need to take place while working from home depending on the COVID situation. Due to the COVID situation in the UK our office in Edinburgh is currently closed and all work takes place online.
- This placement should be an integral part of an MSc degree. While we cannot provide any
form of remuneration, we are committed to making this a relevant and interesting learning
- Working hours will be Monday – Thursday. On Fridays the student will be free to work on
their internship report / mandatory work for their University.
- We expect the internship to take place from August to December 2021.
If you have any questions about this placement opportunity then please get in touch with our campaign director, Dr Line Kikkenborg Christensen. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 01/06/2021 (midnight, GMT). If successful in your application, we will get in contact with you to arrange an online interview. We aim to make a final decision before 01/07/2021.